Saturday, June 12, 2010

Two Weeks Post-Op Update

It has now been two weeks since my liberation procedure in Egypt. I must admit, I thought things were not progressing very well for me over this last week when I suddenly felt very tired and my neck really started to hurt. After a few more days my throat got really sore and I thought to myself, "aha, you're getting sick!" I ended up with strep-throat and let me tell you, I actually felt okay. A little more tired than the week previous but that was it! When I would get sick prior to being liberated, I would literally collapse from the couch to the bed, from the bed to the floor and just pray that the day would end. Today I feel great again. Lots of energy, no pain, no numbness, no headaches.

Because of the strep-throat, I visited my family doctor this past week and provided him with my angioplasty reports and pictures of the procedure. We didn't have a conversation around CCSVI, but he was willing to accept the reports and he is referring me for an ultrasound of my thyroid. I didn't feel defeated this time which was a great feeling. I hope that physicians continue to keep an open mind about this procedure and to explore both sides as objectively as possible.

Family life has been great. My daughter continues to keep me hopping and continues to give me a lot of strength. We have also been greatly enjoying time with our neighbors/friends this week. I honestly don't know what I would do without our very kind and supportive neighborhood. It seems like whenever I am feeling lonely or down, someone will show up at the door with a great big smile and a tomato plant!

Take care everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just wondering if I could connect with you to get more information about how you got all things in order to have the procedure.

    If you are willing please e-mail me at lindsaylvmenard@hotmail.com

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I am just wondering if I can have the name of the hospital in Egypt and the name of the doctor.

    It will be a great help for me. I have a member of the family with the same case asyours.

    Please e-mail meat: humain.exprimetoi@gmail.com

    Thank you in advance

    ReplyDelete