Thursday, May 27, 2010

Now the Veins are Flowing Like the Nile

Just a quick update. I had my second doppler ultrasound done this evening and my veins are completely normal! I made the doctor scan his own neck just so I could compare mine with his! My veinous valves were both not working before the procedure but now they were flapping away and very quickly I might add.

I met some more people today at the clinic who were having the procedure done on Saturday. One other Canadian who was diagnosed with CCSVI right before my eyes (the doctor also called me in so I could compare my normal scan to a scan that was abnormal). There were a few Saudi people also coming in for a doppler scan and to be diagnosed with CCSVI. They were all very pleasant, hopeful, and optimistic. It was such a pleasure to speak with these people and to learn about their culture and their medical system. What an amazing experience this has been. We also shared a cab this evening with the new Canadian who recently came here for the procedure on Saturday and we had such a blast with the cab driver. He cranked up some English tunes and the recently diagnosed CCSVI Canadian's sister started dancing in the car (and she is also blonde)! The driver started to hit on her and it was so beyond funny as she tried to explain to him that her husband was arriving the next day. These are moments I will never forget!

As for improvements with symptoms: My eyes are a different color...really!; I don't feel as fatigued, my neck doesn't hurt as much, and my feet are still pink! The other Canadian has reported an increased sense of balance and improved energy. The person from Greece also has reported an increase in energy. The procedure was successful for all three of us who were treated yesterday in the sense that the veins remain open and functional.

I did ask the doctor if he had noticed any correlation between very twisted veins and the symptoms associated with MS and he said there is no correlation in any regard. He gave numerous examples of others such as myself with beginning stages of MS and extremely twisted veins. The doctors here are so beyond patient, understanding, kind, and attentive. I sincerely thank them for all of their time and generosity shown towards me and my husband. Thank-you!

I look forward to my continued improvements and I so long to be home safe with my sweet baby girl.

9 comments:

  1. Are you saying that CCSVI has nothing to do with MS? I'm confused by the comments you have made saying that the doctor says that blocked veins have nothing to do with MS symptoms. ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so interested in this all! Much love to you and Roman. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please clarify the correlation, I am confused also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To answer your question...The more blocked the veins are in an individual has NO correlation to the severity of MS symptoms. Everyone (it seems) with MS has some form of blocked veins, but there is no correlation between severely blocked veins and how bad your MS is. For example, my MS is not that bad. I can walk, talk, etc. but my veins were the worst that the doctor has seen in his 30 years of practice.

    Thank-you to everyone for all of your very positive comments, support, and love. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that you have a safe trip home, and praying that the blood keeps flowing on!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are awesome results, and I'm glad you're feeling better since the surgery.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps it is not how much the blockage is that affects the symptoms, but rather how long they have been like that and leaving iron deposits in the brain. Perhaps those newly diagnosed are just beginning to have iron deposits take place and so show fewer symptoms; those who have had MS longer may go on to have worse symptoms as over a longer period the iron deposits have worsened.??

    ReplyDelete
  8. However, most of the time, people do not notice the pain, because the veins affected by varicose veins are outside.

    veins

    ReplyDelete
  9. Methodology, Intervention Dose and Administration Procedures
    The Combination Therapy approach was used. Combination Therapy is a novel two‐part sequenced protocol for infusing both bone marrow-derived stromal cells and cultured mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) and was developed for the treatment of MS by CCSVI Clinic and Regenetek Research. All 16 patients demonstrated significant pathological abnormalities in their jugular or azygous veins as determined by magnetic resonance venography (MRV) at the time of their procedures. Patients who underwent vein dilatation also had their veins infused at the time of venoplasty (if and where indicated) with adult stromal cells from a bone-marrow source which were previously separated by density gradient centrifugation. In the second part of the sequenced therapy, adult autologous cells from the same source that were expanded in vitro were later infused back into the central nervous system (CNS) via lower lumbar puncture.For more information please visit http://www.ccsviclinic.ca/?p=1194 or you may call the toll free number at 888-468-1554 or info@ccsviclinic.com

    ReplyDelete